Oh no, they are cute! Nine x Reader

Requested by moringote

Plot: (Y/N) convinces Nine to relax, and take a break from skateboarding.

(A/N): Although I am unsure if this is canon, Nine is genderless, amd uses he/him and they/them pronouns.

Your POV

"Hey (Y/N)! Wanna see a cool skateboarding trick?" Nine asked me.

I sighed, "Bro, you've already done skateboarding tricks 2763 times now! Why not just take a break and relax?"

"No way, dude! Lying down is for lazy guys gals and nonbinary pals. I like to live in the moment!" He replied.

"Yeah, but you have been doing this long enough. How about you just chill on this couch with me while I play videogames?" I suggested.

I really did want Nine to just relax and hang out with me. They didn't have to play the games with me, but I at least want him to calm down. And...maybe it will give me time to tell him that...I love them...

"Please Nine?" I begged, using the puppy dog eyes trick. Not sure if I was cute enough, but I may as well try!

Nine's POV

Oh no, they are cute!

Well, why not?

"Alright then (Y/N). I'll chill in the couch and watch you play videogames. Uh, which one do you want to play?" I asked them.

"Minecraft, obviously!"

Your POV

I turned on the console and began playing. Nine may have not wanted to play with me, but he did enjoy watching.

"Watch this!" I caught his attention, and while they were looking, I shot two creepers in the head with my bow.

"Nice shot, dude!" The complimented me, and patted my shoulder.

I blushed lightly. "Um...th-thanks..."

I focused back on the game, where I was building the most awesome house ever!

I had been working on it for 2763 minutes, but it was complete after I added some final touches!

"Hey Nine, do you like my house?" I asked him.

He looked tired, "Uh, yeaaaaaaah..."

Soon enough, he passed out, resting on me. "Wh-Wha?"

I was blushing so hard, but I grinned, and kissed his cheek, snuggling with him.