Is that you? Loser x Ruby

Requested by SomeoneWhoLovesBFDI

Plot: Loser recognizes Ruby as his childhood best friend.

(A/N): Platonic Loser x Cake, also some personal headcanons about Loser.

Loser's POV

"So Loser, I've been wanting to ask you a certain question for a long time. Were you always popular with everyone?" My good friend Cake asked.

I expressed a melancholy smile. "Well, back when I went to school, I wasn't very popular. In fact...I-I was bullied quite often. But ever since I was 5 years old, I had a friend named Ruby...she was kind, funny, and adorable. I grew feelings for her, but she ended up going to BFDIA. And since that day, I have not seen her..."

I saw tears form in Cake's eyes. "That's...SO SAD!"

He cried into my shoulder, and I chuckled as I comforted him. "It's okay, Cake. Maybe I'll see her again..."

He sniffed, "Yeah, you're right..."

I smiled at him, and went over to check up on the other Losers.

It shocked me when I saw Clock arguing with Fanny, while two other girls shouted at Clock as well. I recognized the taller female as Flower, but who was the other?

She looked similar to Ruby...

"I may not like siding with Fanny of all people, but we can both agree that Fortnite is trash!" Flower yelled.

"I hate it when you agree with me!" Fanny shouted at Flower.

"Why are you even upset? I just said Fortnite is a good game!" Clock reasoned.

"Um, yeah...maybe Clock has a point. This is kind of ridiculous..." Piped up the mysterious girl.

"Oh, shut up Ruby!" Flower demanded of the gem, and pushed her to the ground!

Ruby?

I got in front of everyone, and announced. "Well all need to stop arguing! Yes, Fortnite is trash, but some people..." I glanced at Clock, "Are pure cancer, and you shouldn't provoke them!"

He rolled his eyes, and walked away.

I went over to Ruby, offering a hand. "Need a hand, old friend?"

She gasped. "Loser? Is that you?"

I nodded. "Yes, and I am so happy to see you again..."