Chapter 6. Learning the Truth.

Seeing corpses everywhere, Tatyana froze for a moment. An instant later, she explosively unfurled her spiritual sense to the maximum capacity, seriously frightening all the masters in the city. Her presence surrounded the whole capital city and its surroundings.

She frantically searched for her little treasure. After not finding her in the surroundings, she focused her spiritual sense inside the house. When her spiritual sense reached the backyard, she saw a little girl looking thoughtfully at the sky. Tatyana disappeared from the spot and appeared beside her dear daughter, engulfing her in her arms.

Before Tatyana appeared, Yasenia was thinking about the recent battle, she muttered to herself. "Although our side won, many maids and guards have been wounded..."

Yasenia clenched her little fist with frustration. "Cultivators are too strong! Even if I fight against the weakest-level cultivators, I'm no match right now. Doesn't this mean that even a Meridian and Dantian creation cultivator can kidnap me? I must get stronger, at least strong enough that the weakest-level cultivators can't hurt me easily!"

Yasenia suddenly felt someone appearing before her and wrapping her in their arms, making her jump in fright, "Kyaa!"

But when she was about to start struggling, Yasenia smelled her mother's fragrance and relaxed her tensed body, returning the hug. Yasenia surrounded Tatyana's waist with her long tail and hid her little head in her bosom.

"Don't they know how to clean up after a battle? They gave me a big scare..." Tatyana lowered her face and lightly sniffed her daughter's sweet scent, confirming that she wasn't an illusion making her taut nerves relax.

"Mom, cultivators are strong."

"Yes."

"Mom, I'm too weak right now."

"Yes, that is why someone must always accompany you."

"I want to become stronger."

"Don't worry, little treasure. Your mom is the pillar that will protect you even if the sky falls. You just need to grow little by little, step by step, and leave the complicated matters to me. Remember, I will always be by your side until you are strong enough to protect yourself."

Tatyana thought to herself, 'You don't have to worry, little treasure. Even if I must bathe this heaven and earth with blood, I will always protect you and be your strongest ally.'

She looked down and saw that Yasenia was asleep. She carried her to her room and tried to get up after tucking her into the bed. However, Yasenia's tail tensed, not letting her mother escape.

Smiling helplessly, she took out the communication jade and asked whether she needed to do something. Hearing that everything was under control, she lay beside Yasenia and closed her eyes.

12 years passed

During these years, Yasenia grew abnormally fast, physically and mentally. When she was ten years old, she picked up her type of weapon with the help of Tatyana. It was a giant broadsword with a total of 1.5m in length and a width of 25 cm. It had one cutting side with the other one blunt. With 47 kg, an average person wouldn't be able to lift it comfortably, much less fight with it. However, the ten-year-old Yasenia could use it.

Yasenia's fighting style could be said to be like a steamroller. Yasenia would charge at her enemies, sending her opponents flying with each sword swing.

Typically, these kinds of fighters would lack flexibility. However, this didn't apply to Yasenia. Thanks to the mastery of her long tail, she can attack from angles that generally would be impossible.