Chapter 86. Their determination. Cecile's doubts.

The more the pair talked, the more Kali was impressed by Yasenia's amount of knowledge. 'How many months has this girl been in the academy? Her knowledge of alchemy is astounding. Moreover, she is absorbing everything I tell her, and she is able to apply them to different subjects instantly.'

Kali's gaze gradually changed, and the little dislike she felt before disappeared. Because Yasenia didn't look at her differently, her tone changed and became more expressive without Kali realizing it. Even her face loosened slightly.

She forgot about her facial scars and started laughing a little with Yasenia, doing different reactions and becoming more uninhibited. That is until she caught the unnerved gaze of a team member. Kali's heart sank as she thought about how she should have looked all this time. She looked down while thinking, 'I was so comfortable speaking that I forgot!'

She nervously raised her eyes, looking at Yasenia. 'Is she also nauseated?'

However, what she saw was the same gaze as before, clear, charming, and a little curious, as if not understanding why she suddenly stopped speaking. It was as if Yasenia was looking past her face, right into... Herself.

Kali's heart skipped a beat and sped up, making her feel flustered and hot in her cheeks.

On the other side, Yasenia suddenly saw Kali stop speaking and look down, confusing her. Then, she saw her expression change to one of dread. Yasenia looked curiously at her, 'What's wrong? Did she say something she shouldn't'

However, when she saw Kali looking at her nervously and timidly, followed by a blush appearing on her face. A smirk appeared on Yasenia's face, 'Even with the badly scarred face, she looks cute with his timid look, like an injured little animal looking up nervously.'

Kali lowered her head and turned silent. Because Yasenia didn't catch the gaze of the teammate this time, she couldn't guess what was wrong, so she asked, softening her tone, "Is something wrong, senior sister?"

Kali was about to answer when another teammate exclaimed, "Look isn't that Yasenia?"

Yasenia looked up and saw herself chasing the catkin. "Oh, it is my fight. It seems that it starts when I'm following that cat-kin towards the ambush site...."

Cecile requested to stop and see the fight, so they stopped at the side to look at it. Kali also paid attention to it.

Cecile saw the events unfold and said, "You knew there was an ambush."

It wasn't a question but a statement. Yasenia went behind her and hugged her, "Yes, I knew. I also knew that I would probably die."

Cecile became angry and yelled, "Why!?"

Yasenia kissed her cheek and spoke gently, "I wanted to fight in a life and death battle without the absolute death hanging over my head. However, I didn't go there to commit suicide, look."

Cecile saw the charge and how Yasenia was sent flying with blood splashing around. She involuntarily frowned. Then Cecile looked at how Yasenia tried to stand up after the explosion, but without being able to. Cecile felt a knot in her throat as she saw Yasenia limping away with the help of her broken tail. However, being too weak to go anywhere, the others caught up to her.

Her heart hurt each beat, seeing her fight like that, Yasenia's expression while fighting, the unceasing attacks, and her relentless defense. By this time, even Kali was frowning slightly; she didn't like it one bit.

Suddenly, they saw Yasenia turn her head in one direction while fighting, and because of this, the spear wielder managed to go behind her and pierce her chest.