Chapter 56. Yasenia's talent and the Tournament.

Yasenia looked at the sword, her breathing was rough, and her body dripped sweat as if she had just showered. Yasenia muttered, "I'm too weak to swing this heavy sword...."

Yasenia scratched her cheek and said, "I mean, with its weight, this is a sword that normally should be used by High-level Mental cultivators or even Unification Realm cultivators... However... "

Yasenia circulated her energy. She felt it run through her body more agile. It could pass from meridian to meridian better than before, more easily from one muscle to another, from one point to another. Not by much, but there was an effect. "...Why? I'm not doing anything different from normal.... Is it the sword or the dress?"

She went to the camp they set while thinking about the strange effects. Madeleine spoke, "Yasenia, I know you can go without sleep thanks to your cultivation technique. This night, try to feel the Moon and the stars."

"Cecile, nights here are freezing and windy, go outside and cultivate and lay the foundations for the energy burst you will receive in your first dual cultivation session. Your tribulation should be easy if you do this." Both of them nodded.

One week later.

For Yasenia and Cecile, this week was harsh. Yasenia cultivated from Dusk to midnight, then practiced her Moon series for the rest of the night. She trained [Dawn] and [Sunrise] without sleeping when Dawn approached. After Sunrise, she ate and rested a bit with Cecile.

They just hugged and gave little kisses to each other. They also didn't speak much, feeling each other's presence was enough. When Noon approached, she used the [Noon] skill twice and then sat down to cultivate. At Sunset, she practiced [Sunset] and [Dusk]. And after all of that, she started her routine again.

Cecile had a similar training routine with her skills. At night she cultivated and felt the raging blizzards around while having her elemental coat most of the time. When morning arrived, Cecile shot arrows with her [Space Freezing Gale Bow] skill until the bow collapsed, and Cecile couldn't create a single [Ice arrow]. Then she rested with Yasenia.

After recovering her energy, she tried to use her new [Crystal Bow] to get used to it. She realized that the arrows had at least twofold the strength. Her energy flow was smoother, but she consumed more energy. When her energy depleted, she entered cultivation again.

Later that week, Mason arrived. Cecile and Yasenia bowed to him. They sat before him, and Yasenia let Cecile ask him about the space attribute first. She also listened, "The space energy is more auxiliary than offensive or defensive. For example, you can make an earth wall and then lock the space around that earth wall making it more robust."

"You can also do a sword swing and reduce the distance between your sword and the thing you can strike, making your melee attacks ranged. You can do the same for bows and arrows, making the arrow speed faster, or like your [Space arrow] skill to lock on one target for your attacks."

"You can also coat your movement techniques and make a type of shrinking step, with one step, advance 10 meters instead of one. Finally, attack and defensive space techniques... These are hard to control because you can easily damage yourself. Imagine a space attribute arrow that destroys the space where it lands instead of connecting two points."

"It would be certainly powerful...But, a single leaf that appears on its way would make it explode. It is difficult to explode it where you want because space attacks are very volatile. Sword attacks are even more dangerous because you are at melee when doing them. Destabilizing space fabric is not hard. What is hard is controlling it."

Then he continued speaking more about it. After two hours of discussing, Yasenia said. "Teacher, how can you easily use a sword as big as you? I've been practicing these days, and I'm always losing balance, even when I use my tail to help... If I continue like this, in combat, I will be an easy target."