Chapter 196. Andrea and... a strange crab?

Andrea opened her eyes in the middle of a rocky landscape in another area, different from Cecile's and Yasenia's. After looking around, she couldn't see much vegetation beside some leafless trees with glowing orange lines through their trunks. Andrea frowned, not recognizing that tree. However, what attracted her attention the most was that the rocks on the soil were volcanic. Andrea thought happily, 'Hmm... So I'm in a volcanic area, lucky for me, I may find something interesting for myself but...'

Andrea took out the two communication devices and looked at them with a frown, 'They are not online yet; this means that we aren't close to each other. I hope Angel, Kali, and Evelyn can avoid trouble. Although they are not weak, many cultivators are stronger than them inside this secret realm, especially with the demons aiming for us.'

Andrea sighed and began checking if her silver armor was correctly worn. The last thing she wanted was for an accident to happen because entering the secret realm messed with her equipment.

She didn't take more than a minute since she was very used to this armor, and her spiritual sense helped her look at everything with greater detail and fast. Andrea nodded with satisfaction, 'Everything in order.'

Then, Andrea took out her helmet, and after gathering her dark curly hair, she put it on. She also took out her halberd and began walking slowly toward the place where she felt more volcanic activity from.

With her armor and halberd on her, Andrea looked extremely heroic. Like a female general ready to slay anything in her way. She had placed the communication devices inside the armor to protect them.

As she walked around calmly, looking out for danger, Andrea muttered to herself, "We have separated again... I hope the devices pick up the signal fast... Sigh."

Andrea then smirked under the helmet, "Thankfully, this area is rich in resources!"

Andrea spotted a one-meter tall metallic grey ore with purple veins in the distance. "Oh~ Look over there, a heaven-rank [Purple Veined Steel Ore]~. Come to mommy, and I will transform you into beautiful equipment~."

She approached carefully, expecting a beast or something to appear. However, to her surprise, nothing emerged even when she was 30 meters away from it. Andrea frowned, 'Strange... How could nothing appear? Could it be that heaven-ranked materials are not high-level enough to be guarded?"

She picked up a stone and threw it with all her strength toward the [Purple Veined Steel ore]. Andrea wasn't worried that the rock would damage the ore because she knew how tough it was. The stone left her armored hand with a sonic boom and slammed onto it with a loud sound.

*BANG!*

The steel ore, even if tough, couldn't remain attached to the ground and rolled some tens of meters away. Andrea didn't move and swept her surroundings with her eyes and spiritual sense. 'Nothing around- Huh?'

Andrea looked at the steel ore stupidly as it grew six spider-like legs, two powerful-looking claws, and a crab-face stretched out of an opening in the side. 'No wonder I didn't see anything around... It was inside!'

Andrea analyzed it for a while and saw that the beast was quite weak, just at the beginning of the third rank. She tapped the floor with her foot and sped forward.

The crab-like thing only saw a blur before a silver-armored claw-like hand grabbed its face and lifted it from the ground. Scared, it screeched and began banging the individual with its six legs, pinching the arm and holding it with claws.

However, the only effect of its hits was dull sounds as the creature holding it didn't even flinch, and the claws couldn't damage the armor. Andrea raised her eyebrow, surprised, 'The claws have a lot of strength; if it was in the high-level, it could have cut through my armor...'