Chapter 117. Defeat and Kali's strength.

...Both were overexerting their bodies as they clashed weapons.

*BANG!*

After one clash, they stepped once backward and gathered all of their energy, reaching the climax of the encounter!

"BREAAAK!"

"DIEEE!"

*BOOOM!*

A giant explosion followed the weapon collision, and two bodies were launched backward. They tumbled through the ground, splashing blood and with serious injuries. After flying some hundred meters, they came to a stop.

Both stayed immobile on the ground for some seconds until one of them twitched. It was Tang Yuan! He put a hand on the ground and lifted himself with a painful grunt. 'That was close... I thought I would lose. I swear I'm going to kill her! How can she fight to this level, only being in the second level?'

He walked to the side, limping, and picked up his sword. Then he walked towards Evelyn.

Tatyana was paying attention to them, 'Come on, little girl, wake up, rise yourself and fight.'

Tang Yuan continued walking toward the still Evelyn. They were some hundred meters away, so even if he was going fast, he needed some time to reach Evelyn's side.

He walked near, and Tang Yuan reached the still motionless Evelyn. Then, he raised his weapon. Tatyana focused, wanting to see a single twitch from Evelyn, but she saw nothing.

The sun shined on the sword edge, and he thrust downward to Evelyn's heart!

Tatyana looked but didn't see movement from Evelyn. She appeared and stopped the sword, then she said, "Tang Yuan wins! Go to the medical recovery team before going to the next battle."

Tang Yuan bowed painfully and said, "Thank you, senior. May I also carry her, senior? I don't want to waste any more of your time."

Tatyana looked into his eyes, and he felt as if death was looking straight at him in the eye. "Trying to lie to me? Don't go too far, child, or don't blame me for being ruthless. Do. You. Understand?"

Tang Yuan nodded hastily and almost pissed his pants. 'Terrifying, demons are like beautiful celestials compared to her gaze!'

Tatyana carried Evelyn to the infirmary, and when she reached, Evelyn woke up. Seeing herself in Tatyana's arms, she asked, completely exhausted, "What... happened? Did I ugh... win?"

Tatyana looked at her and said, "You lost. You had absorbed so much of his lighting at the beginning that you couldn't cushion the last attack correctly because your meridians and body were full. The shockwave hit your broken ribs badly and made you faint."

Evelyn was surprised at the beginning, but then sadness and guilt crushed her. She put her forearm over her eyes and asked with a brittle voice, "W-What about the others."

Tatyana answered calmly, "They all made it."

Evelyn started crying, be it the physical pain she was feeling or the sadness of not making it. "I won't be a-able to *Sob* go with Yasenia?"

Tatyana answered, "Who knows... What are you going to do, Evelyn?"

Even if she was crying, Evenly's voice carried conviction. "Train! I will grind my bones if it is needed! I refuse to get stumped by one loss!"

Tatyana made a small smile and said, "Good. It seems I won't have to clean your butt and wipe your tears! If a single loss stumped you, I would have been quite disappointed. There is only one thing left to do, grow stronger, Evelyn."