Chapter 143. Cecile's Death.

[author] Trigger warning... Death of a major character.[/author]

...Cecile, a little impatient, interrupted him. "Everything I said is real, and I don't have to prove anything to you. I've come here with teacher Madeleine if you don't believe what I told you is the truth. Go speak to her." Then she turned and left.

Feng Yuan stopped her by flashing in front of her with snowflakes around him. He let his scent out, trying to entice Cecile, and said. "Let's not be so hasty~. I still don't even know your name."

Cecile frowned, 'I couldn't see him. He is much stronger than me...'

Then, his scent reached her, and she almost retched. 'He is trying to entice me with his scent? Truly incomparable with Yasenia's, it makes me want to gag.'

It was not that he smelled bad; on the contrary, if any other cultivator would have smelled, they would have found it quite refreshing. But for Cecile, it was the same as if her nose got buried in thrash.

This was because of her body's natural reaction. Not only was Feng Yuan's bloodline of lower grade than Cecile's herself, but Cecile's body was accustomed to Yasenia's powerful and sweet scent, which was leagues above his. It was like smelling appetizing dishes for months and suddenly opening a garbage can.

Not retching instantly and maintaining her cool was a big achievement for Cecile!

Cecile looked into his blue eyes, pronouncing everything clearly, without being able to hide her disgust in her tone. "If you do something stupid, you will regret it. I wouldn't have minded speaking to you if you didn't come to seduce me. But your blatant intent is literally oozing from each pore of your body."

Cecile warned, her voice now icy. "Either give up on seducing me and speak to me normally or scram before I call teacher Madeleine. I just want to take the ritual silently and return to my lover's side."

The man frowned, "I've been trying to be nice to you, but it seems that you are treating my kindness as weakness. Do you think I don't dare do anything? You are in my territory!"

Cecile shook her head and said, "I'm not treating your kindness as weakness. I'm speaking like I would to a birdbrain."

The man was about to scold Cecile when he saw her take out a wooden stick and break it with her fingers.

Less than a second later, Madeleine fell from the sky, her light purple hair floating around and wrapped in a black aura. Her eyes exuded killing intent, ready to slaughter anything in her path. Behind her, five phoenix elders appeared in human form, a little confused as to why Madeleine suddenly burst here.

Madeleine's black and blue eyes looked at the man before Cecile and flattened him onto the ground using a speck of her aura to avoid killing him. Then, she focused on Cecile and asked worriedly, "Are you okay, Cecile? What happened?"

Cecile related everything, word for word, not hiding even her insults. When she finished speaking, the elders had ugly faces.

The thing was that among the elders, Feng Yuan's father was present!

However, unlike some may think, after hearing the story, he looked at his son with eyes filled with disappointment. Even when he was stronger than Madeleine, he asked politely with a sigh, "Miss Madeleine, can you let him go? I even told him not to mess with the guests... To think that he didn't listen and didn't even have the basic common sense to believe what the little chick told him... I must reeducate him later."

Madeleine, of course, nodded and lifted the pressure, letting him stand back up with slight injuries.

He looked at his father, and when he was about to protest, that elder disappeared and touched his forehead, making him faint. Before Feng Yuan fainted, he heard him say, "We will speak later about this."