Chapter 195. Cecile's vs. Demons.

In another place of the expansive secret realm, in a desert, a woman with long platinum-silver hair was looking around. Her peerless facial features could make any man or woman have their heart beating faster. However, her expression was cold as her indifferent icy-blue eyes observed the surroundings. The woman flapped her big silver wings and shot up 100 meters in an instant; even from the high point of view, she couldn't see the end of the desert.

The first thing Cecile did after inspecting the surroundings was focus on her connection with Yasenia. Through the connection, Cecile felt that Yasenia was extremely far away; even when they were [Interlocked Souls] with a much longer connection range than their previous [Soulmate] connection, she could barely feel her link with Yasenia.

Without feeling her dear dragoness nearby, her whole body became covered with an icy feeling, and her demeanor changed to that of a Celestial Maiden looking down to the mortal world. As she flapped her wings and floated mid-air, she seemed to have become a lone Moon Goddess in the middle of a desolate world.

Cecile slowly flew down and landed with elegance, covering the sand near her feet with silver frost and hardening the sand so that her feet wouldn't sink. Then, she took out two of the four communication devices she had, one receiver and one sender. These were the ones that our girls developed during these months.

They were oval palm-sized orange metallic pieces. Around the body of the artifact, intricate glowing lines crossed in geometrical forms to create quite a beautiful artifact. Each metallic piece had a different colored jade embedded in the middle of it.

The sender's jade had different tones of green swirling around. The glowing lines on the orange body of the sender were aqua blue colored, and a thick fluid seemed to be moving across them.

The receiver was the opposite. Its jade had different tones of blue swirling around, and the lines were green-colored.

Cecile put energy into them, and the liquid in the formation lines moved faster, lighting up the device. However, Cecile's brows frowned slightly, 'No signal... That means that the devices have yet to connect to each other.'

Cecile thought, 'I will have to wait for a while then... What direction should I go? The connection between us is so faint that I don't even know in which direction my love is...'

Cecile flew high up and decided to zoom across the desert as fast as she could. However, when she went more than 150m high, she had to stop going upward. 'The heat increases exponentially the higher I go. If I fly higher, I may be cooked alive. Even at this altitude, the heat is unbearable.'

She decided to descend to the 100m altitude and fly horizontally to the ground. However, when she descended to that altitude, an explosion of sand occurred before her, accompanied by a mighty roar. Something enormous shot up from the sand at high speed toward Cecile.

Cecile reacted fast and flapped her right wing to dodge the creature. The creature missed her for not more than three meters. She observed it and saw that it was a giant, armored, worm-like creature at least 100m long. It had a circular mouth filled with deadly and sharp teeth that could grind even the strongest of rocks into dust.

However, Cecile's face didn't change as she looked at it indifferently. She took out her bow and created a silver arrow. Freezing energy gathered around her as she used her wind and moon attributes to buff the arrow. By the time the [Dune Swallowing Worm] landed on the sand again, Cecile had already tensed the bow into a full moon.

The [Dune Swallowing Worm] burst from the sand again with an open mouth with the intention of eating Cecile. However, Cecile's lips calmly moved as her cold voice spread around, and she let the arrow free, aiming at the middle of its mouth. "[Flashing Moon Arrow]."