Chapter 5: Provocation

After leaving the crew, Bo Yu takes little Watermelon away from the preschool class, and they happily go shopping together in the supermarket.

Around five o"clock in the afternoon, the meat area of the supermarket is crowded with people who rush to buy. There are many people in the narrow aisles. So, Bo Yu doesn"t find little Watermelon when he picks out things even if he tries his best to do multitasking.

Little Watermelon compresses his lips without a smile, and raises his feet towards the staff of the supermarket-he remembers what Bo Yu has taught him before.

Nobody of the crowd notices that there is a little boy who gets lost in the supermarket. Everyone pushes and shoves. Little Watermelon is pushed hard by the people behind him, then he loses balance and immediately falls down on the ground.

A man with strong arms picks up little Watermelon and prevents him from being pushed by the crowd.

The man is very heroic with an angular jaw, thin and compressed lips, which makes people afraid to approach. He wears dark suits and leather shoes like the business person, which is totally unlike the person who goes shopping in the supermarket.

Little Watermelon"s frightened heart slowly becomes relaxed when he sees the man.

He remembers this uncle whose photos Papa has in the album hidden in the drawer of the study.

The man looks at little Watermelon, then puts him on the ground and says, "Where are your parents?"

"Papa buys lobsters over there. Uncle, can you accompany me to find my Papa?" Little Watermelon holds the man"s pants in one hand and nervously clenches his fists of the other hand.

When the man sees little Watermelon expectantly look at himself, his angular face becomes more compressed.

The child looks identical to Bo Yu. It can be said that he must be Bo Yu"s biological child at first glance.

That makes the man more upset.

Little Watermelon steps back in fear of him, but still tightly clutches the man"s pants with one hand and seriously says, "Uncle, I want my Papa."

The man"s heart softens. It seems that he is considering whether to take the child to look for Bo Yu or not.

"Song Shilin, what do you want to do to my boy?"

Bo Yu anxiously pushes the cart. Seeing Song Shilin and little Watermelon stay together, Bo Yu" eyes suddenly cool down.

Little Watermelon loosens his hands that tightly hold Song Shiling"s pants, runs to Bo Yu"s side, buries his face in Bo Yu"s thighs, trembling all over, but dares not say a word.

Perhaps because Bo Yu fears that the man will know little Watermelon is their child, Bo Yu"s tone is full of undisguised anger. "Song Shilin, what do you want to do with my boy?"

Bo Yu is so angry because he misjudges that Song Shilin is bullying little Watermelon from his angle of view.

Little Watermelon"s nervous and frightened expression when facing Song Shilin can"t be dissipated in Bo Yu"s mind.

Song Shilin is not an eloquent man. And Bo Yu"s aggressive attitude makes him more unwilling to waste his words to explain. He casts a stare at Bo Yu and turns to leave.

Bo Yu breathes a sigh of relief.

Song Shilin is regarded as a timebomb for him. It can"t be better that he is willing to leave voluntarily.