Chapter 2

Me: "Aaliyah? Could you please do something for me?" I said while we were walking in the school hallways.
Aaliyah: "Sure! What's going on?"
Me: "Ehm" I looked down at my feet, feeling embarrassed "Is it okay if I come at your house at like 2:00pm. 'Cause I need to be out of the house at that time"
Aaliyah: "Yeah no problem! It's just that i have signing class until 3:30pm so you'll have to stay one hour and a half alone. But I have Netflix if you want."
Me: "But are you sure your parents won't mind?"
Aaliyah: "They won't be there until 4:30pm. They work during the weekends too. There's just gonna have Shawn, my brother, in the house. But he's cool don't worry"
Me: "Okay. Thank you so much!"
Aaliyah: "No problem"
We both went into class and it was boring as always. English class is always the most boring stuff. I hate it and I'm really bad at it.
Aaliyah and I kept passing notes during the whole period. It's so fun to have someone that cares for you. She's so fun and I would like to be friends with her for the rest of my life. I'm really excited to go to her pyjamas party Saturday. It'll be fun!
The day was now done and Aaliyah and I went to our locker. She didn't say a word since our first class and I found that odd because we normally always talk.
Me: "Are you okay? You look weird since this morning... Did something happen?"
Aaliyah: "No, no I'm okay."
Me: "Aaliyah, I know you. Tell me what happened"
She turned to face me.
Aaliyah: "Okay. It's about your ex."
Me: "Okay, never mind. I don't even wanna hear it. You know I don't care about him anymore. Can we just change subject." I said, turning back to my locker and packing my bag.
Aaliyah: "No, Claire, it's important. Really important."