Chapter 135

•SHAWN POV•
Mom: "So, the truth is that..." she looked down at her fingers and back up at me "I'm scared for Claire."
I looked at her confused.
Me: "What do you mean?"
Mom: "Listen, I've had her age and I know what it's like. It happened to me..."
Me: "Wha- What happened? Mom, I don't get it. Did I do something wrong to her?"
Mom: "No, no, Shawn, don't worry"
Me: "Then what is it?!"
Mom: "When I was about Claire's age, I was dating a older guy, like she is..." I nodded, wanting her to continue the story "I really thought it would be the love of my life. I loved him with all my heart, like I'm sure Claire does for you. But- But when you date someone older, you're not on the same stage at him, you know. And-" she looked down, trying to hide her face.
I saw that her eyes were starting to get watery, I was getting really worried about it.
Me: "Mom? What's wrong?"
Mom: "I got raped" she blurted out.
I didn't know how to react. I just stayed there, silent, looking at her, very confused.
Mom: "And, I know it's not your attention to do that to Claire but- But it's normal for you to do things like that and Claire is maybe not ready. I don't want Claire to have to live her whole life thinking about that night over and over again on her head, like I have to do."
Me: "Mom, you know I would never do that, right?"
Mom: "That's what he told me, too. But one day you'll get sick of waiting, and that's what's gonna happen. You're maybe not even gonna know that it's called a rape. I just want you two to be happy. You'll find someone else, that is going to be at the same place as you are in life"
Me: "No- Mom!" I said, getting closer to her.
I placed my hands on both sides of her arms. A tear fell down her cheek.