Chapter 24

Shawn has been on my mind non-stop. I can't stop thinking about him, about what he said to me, or about how he feels about me.
Aaliyah: "Hey! You're still coming tonight huh?"
Me: "Wha- Ehm yeah"
Aaliyah: "You forgot"
Me: "Yeah sorry"
Aaliyah: "What's happening with you? Since yesterday I feel like you don't even listen to me or care about anything. You're never concentrated in class and you don't listen. What's going on?"
Me: "Nothing. I'm just not feeling well but I'll get over it"
Aaliyah: "Okay. So after the last period, pack your bag very fast and we'll run to my house so we'll have time to do whatever we want before my parents come back from work. That'll cheer you up!"
Me: "Okay"
We both went in our class and sat at our place. When the last class finally finished, we went to our lockers and took our stuff.
Aaliyah: "Faster!" She said when we started running.
We ran as fast as we could to her house. We arrived a couple of minutes later, out of breath. I was there before Aaliyah, so I opened the door, without knocking.
Gabbie was right there, in the front of the door that I had opened, facing the kitchen.
Gabbie: "I literally hate you!" She screamed.
She turned around and saw me. Her eyes were red and puffy.
Gabbie: "You're such a slut urghhh"
She pushed me to the side and ran away. My shoulder hit the corner of the door, causing me to gasp. My knees felt really weak from the impact which made me fall in the floor.
Aaliyah: "Oh my god! Claire, are you okay?"
Me: "Yeah" i said weakly, placing my hand on my injured shoulder.
I looked up and saw Shawn, standing in the kitchen, looking at me.