Chapter 66

After supper, Shawn and I hang together in my room. I didn't want to be with my parents, especially my dad. When it was getting a bit late, we both decided it was time for him to go back home.
We walked back downstairs, where I saw my dad siting on the couch. I gave him the most mean stare but Shawn just didn't look at him.
Once we were in front of the door and that Shawn had his shoes on, I kissed Shawn goodbye and he left.
Me: "Dad! What's your problem!?" I asked immediately when the door was closed.
I walked closer to him and he paused the television.
Dad: "Claire, I'm not stupid. I know what's gonna happen. He's gonna start a music career and fail. You won't have enough money to buy food and everyday things. I want you to to have a good life, with someone that is gonna help you financially. I'm just doing what's good for you."
I sighed because of how stupid he really is.
Me: "You don't understand, dad! I love him. What's good for me is to be with him. He's the only person that actually cares about me. He cares even more than you and mom does! It's the first time I've felt love, that I've felt important. I don't need your stupid comments. I'll be with Shawn. Either you like it or not."
I quickly walked upstairs so that he wouldn't answer anything else.
I'm so mad. How could he say something like that? I thought he would've just say nothing during the supper and just be awkward. But when he opens he mouth, only rude and stupid stuff comes out of it.
But my mom seemed to like him. She even insisted for Shawn l stay longer. She seemed happy about it. I hope she'll change my dad's opinion. Uggh I hate him.