Chapter 80

The blades was in my hand. I got them closer and closer to my wrist. Tears were still going down my face and my whole body was shaking.
Three knocks on the door made me jump. I quickly turned around to face the door, the blades still in my hand. That's when I realized I didn't lock the door. The door slightly opened, revealing my mom in her pyjamas.
Mom: "Claire...? Why are you still- OH MY GOD! Claire!!"
She immediately ran over to me when she saw what I was about to do. She took the blades out of my hands and I let her do it, because my whole body was too weak to fight. I was still shaking and sobbing while she hugged me really tight.
Mom: "Claire!! Oh my god!! I- You-"
She started crying in my arms, like she felt bad for me.
Mom: "Claire!" She said while separating from the hug.
She placed both of her hands on each sides of my face, looking straight into my eyes.
Mom: "Darling..." she said between sniffs, trying to calm her down "Why- Why would you want to do that? What happened?"
I looked down, trying to swipe away the tears and makeup on my face. I was still crying, but I was able to speak.
Me: "Shawn..." just thinking about him made me cry even more "He- He left me."
Tears were going down my face when my mom took me back in her arms.
Mom: "Darling... There's not anyone. Anyone. Even any boyfriend or best friend. That is worth it. You are an amazing woman, and you don't need him or anyone else. Don't hurt yourself. Never. Even if you feel like there's nothing better or it will never get better, I promise, it will. That asshole doesn't deserve you." She separated from the hug to look back at me in the eyes.