Chapter 74

Shawn left my house a couple of hours later, leaving me alone in my house with my mom, that was now in the kitchen, cooking. I decided to talk to her, to understand what I didn't.
Me: "Mom?"
Mom: "Yes, darling?" She turned around to look at me, waiting for me to speak.
Me: "Why did you- Ehm... Why didn't you do anything? Like, I thought you would've been mad or something. Are you?"
Mom: "What are you talking about?" She asked, confused.
Me: "Mom, you know what I'm talking about"
Mom: "Oh" she said, understanding what I was talking about "Well, I'm not mad. I just would like you guys to do those kinda things in close rooms. I wouldn't want your dad to see you like this"
Me: "So... Are you gonna tell dad?"
Mom: "No"
Me: "I don't get it... Why are you so nice? Why are you accepting that I'm doing those things with Shawn. I thought you wanted me to wait. I don't understand."
Mom: "Darling" she said, coming closer to me.
It was the first time that I felt like she was actually talking to me. Like a mom and a daughter. She was close, my hands in hers and she actually looked like she cared.
Mom: "Darling, I know you. I know you wouldn't do anything bad or something that you would regret. You're a beautiful young lady and it's normal to start doing things like that at your age. Just make sure you don't rush it, make sure you're being respected by him, and make sure you actually want it. I love you, Claire. I don't want anything bad to happen to you, but I won't stop you from making normal teenage things."
I was speechless. For the first time in my life, she said that she loved me and it actually looked real. She said such amazing things to me that she never said in 15 years.