Chapter 131

I frowned my eyebrows, confused by her reaction.
Aaliyah: "You don't have to call him back, he is like 20 feet away from you right now" she said, making me realize that he was probably in his room, right next to Aaliyah's.
Me: "Oh" I said, chucking.
Aaliyah: "You can go talk to him, if you want"
Me: "You don't mind?"
Aaliyah: "No" she said, still chuckling.
Me: "Okay, come with me" I said, taking her hand and getting up.
We both walked to Shawn's room. His door was closed so I knocked on it.
Shawn: "Come in!" He screamed from inside the room.
I opened the door, with Aaliyah next to me. Shawn looked up, and his smile grew ten times bigger, realizing what happened. He got up and walked to us. I also walked to him, hugging him tightly.
Shawn: "So you guys are good?" He asked, looking back at Aaliyah.
We both nodded, smiling at the same time.
Shawn: "Oh my god, thank you so much" he said, and leaned in for a quick kiss.
Aaliyah: "God, I'm still not used to this" she said, pulling a weird face because of the kiss.
Shawn and I both chuckled and I walked back to Aaliyah, smiling. We left Shawn's room and went back to Aaliyah's, to keep catching up.
Me: "Do you think Karen and Manny will accept it?" I asked.
Aaliyah: "What? You and Shawn?"
Me: "Yeah" I said, looking down at my fingers.
Aaliyah: "I don't really know, to be honest. I mean- They were really mad about it a couple of weeks ago. But maybe if the both of you guys go talk to them, maybe they'll understand, maybe they'll give it a try"
Me: "Oh, okay. Shawn was supposed to go talk to Karen alone. He told me that she was acting weird and it looked like she was hiding something. Do you know what it is?"
Aaliyah: "I really don't know. But it's true, she's always weird when we come to that subject. But I think you should go talk to her together, not just Shawn. They're not home today until tomorrow, so you still have some time to think"
Me: "Okay, thank you"