Chapter 139

Shawn, Aaliyah and I hung together for the rest of the night. We had a lot of fun talking and watching movies. It was not getting late and I was getting very tired.
Me: "I think it's time for me to go now, it's getting late" I said, starting to get up from the couch.
Shawn's hand immediately made their way to my waist and pulled my body back down, making me fall back on the couch.
Shawn: "Nope. You're staying with me" he said, wrapping his arms around me and pulling me tight.
Me: "Shawn-" I said, chuckling.
Shawn: "Just stay here the night"
Me: "Shawn, we have school tomorrow. And I'm pretty sure your mom is not gonna want this"
Shawn: "You can just got to school with Aaliyah tomorrow morning. And I'll talk to Karen, it's fine"
Me: "You sure?" I asked, wondering if it would actually work.
Shawn: "Yeah, don't worry" he said, kissing my cheek.
After a couple more minutes in the living room, Shawn and I walked upstairs to his room, leaving Aaliyah. I took off my makeup, tied my hair up into a ponytail and change into Shawn's big comfortable clothes to go to sleep.
Shawn: "Babe?" He said when I sat down next to him on the bed.
Me: "Yeah?"
Shawn: "What did my mom tell you?"
Me: "Ehm... She talked about how she was also with a older guy when she was my age and how I should make sure you're okay with me not being ready and things like that. Why? What did she tell you?"
Shawn: "Oh, okay. She told me something that I didn't really know how to react to..."
Me: "What- What did she say?" I asked, confused.
Shawn: "She- Oh god." He said, looking down at his fingers.
Me: "Shawn, what is it? You're scaring me"
He took a deep breath and looked up at me.
Shawn: "She told me about that older guy she dated. She told me that- that he raped him"
What? Karen got raped? That's why she didn't want Shawn and I to be together?
I didn't know how to react. I just looked at Shawn, speechless.