Chapter 23

Shawn: "That's the problem Claire! I'm not able to keep my mind from thinking about you! You're always on my mind. I can't get you out of it. I see us together. I see us having fun and loving each other. I even see us in the future, with a family. Claire, you can't stop me from breaking up with Gabbie. It will maybe hurt her but she'll get over it. But if I don't break up, I'll never get over you. Never."
I looked at him. I didn't know what to reply. Those words... How he thinks about me. I didn't know I had that much effect on him.
Me: "Shawn..."
Shawn: "You don't have to say anything. I'll do it no matter what. You can go back to your house. But I want you to think about what just happened. Try to convince yourself you didn't feel anything. You can't."
I turned around feeling tears coming in my eyes. I went out of the house and closed the door. I walked back to my house, thinking about all the words Shawn just said to me.
It's true. I can't deny the feelings I have for him. And there was something between us two during the kiss. We both could feel that.
I walked back to my house and when I was there, I went straight in my room.
I couldn't stop thinking about Shawn. About what he said. About what he was going to do for me. I hope Gabbie doesn't get too hurt.
And Aaliyah? And my parents? And Shawn's parents?? What are they going to think about all of this? My parents would kill me. We need to keep this as a secret. That's the only way we'll get through this.
But I'm so scared. What if Shawn is like Luke, my ex? What if he's super sweet at the beginning and at the end he becomes an asshole. What if he hurts me?
Uuurghh I don't know what to do! And i can't even ask for help to my best friend. Argh somebody help me!!