Chapter 18

Aaliyah: "Claire..."
Me: "Please! Don't be mad at me"
Aaliyah: "I'm not mad. I'm just... surprised"
We were looking at each other. I was trying to read in her mind, which I completely failed at.
Aaliyah: "I will help you get over him. I'm your best friend. I will help you. I would do anything for you. I will help you get through this."
I smiled at her, wiping the tears left on my face.
She's really nice to do this for me. I need to get Shawn out of my head. She's so nice. I'm so relieved because she's not mad at me.
Me: "Thank you. Thank you so much"
We both leaned in and hugged.
Aaliyah: "No problem. I would do anything for you"
We spent the rest of the day together, in her room, to make sure I didn't see Shawn. We had so much fun. We watched 2 funny movies. We ate all kinds of candies and chocolate.
Aaliyah is definitely the best best friend ever. She made me think about something else than Shawn and we had so much fun together.
After a fun day, I had to go back home. I went down the stairs and took my backpack that was in the living room, next to the couch.
I entered the living room and saw Shawn, siting on the couch. Fuck. I have forgotten about him.
He looked up and saw me. I immediately looked away. I took my bag and turned around.
Shawn: "Claire-"
Me: "I don't wanna talk"
I left the living room and put my shoes on. I heard Shawn chase me from behind.
Shawn: "Please Claire, I-"
Me: "Save it Shawn"
I walked out of the house and closed the door behind me.