Chapter 44

Me: "Do you have any idea who it could be?" I asked.
Shawn and I were talking about that woman that saw us when we were sleeping in the same bed. We were trying to find if it was Aaliyah or Karen.
Shawn: "I really don't know... I talked to Karen and she seemed like she didn't know about anything. You talked to Aaliyah, did you?"
Me: "Yeah. She didn't seem to know about anything. Are they hiding something or they actually didn't see anything. Or am I just crazy? Maybe it just never happened and I just dreamed about it. I'm becoming crazy, oh my god." I said, placing my face in my hands.
Shawn: "Claire- Don't say that"
He hugged me tight, reassuring me. His hands were going up and down my back, making me feel more comfortable.
I really don't know what to think of this. I'm trying to act back in my head that morning, but I can't see that woman, or what she looked or sounded like. Maybe it just never happened...
Shawn: "Hun' I think its time for me to go now before your parents come back home"
Me: "Yeah" I said, pulling away from the hug.
Shawn: "But I want you to know that we'll find who saw us. Don't worry, we will get through this, together."
I nodded and Shawn took my hand and we got up. I heard footsteps coming from upstairs, but I thought it was just Sophia. She already knows about Shawn and I, so I didn't really care.
We walked up the stairs, Shawn ahead of me, still holding my hand. That's when we arrive at the first floor, where we saw a lady. Suddenly, I remembered that morning, that face, that voice.
Her: "Hey sweetie!"