Chapter 20

"Excuse me?" We heard a voice from behind the lady. She turned around. Shawn. Shawn was there. Looking as mad as I've never seen him.
Shawn: "You don't have the right to scream at someone like that. It's not her fault. Stop saying bullshit. Now leave or I'll call the fucking cops."
Lady: "That is none of your busin-"
Shawn: "LEAVE" he said, louder.
The woman got scared and she walked away. I was just siting there, shocked. I couldn't say anything.
Why would she say that? Is she right? Why is Shawn there? Why did he protect me?
Aaliyah: "Oh my god Claire, come here"
She came closer and hugged me. A tear fell down my eyes when I looked up. Everyone was looking at us in the ice-cream shop. And there was Shawn. Looking at me. I wanted to thank him but he turned around. He sat with two other boys. They soon left the shop and Aaliyah and I also left not a long time after.
Aaliyah: "Are you okay?" She said once we entered her room.
Me: "Yeah"
We sat on the bed. We started to talk but I soon wanted to go back home.
Me: "I think I'm gonna go now. Thanks for everything"
I got up and walked to the door.
Aaliyah: "Oh okay. Be safe!"
Me: "Yepp"
I left her room and went downstairs, where I saw Shawn walking out of the kitchen.
Me: "Shawn?" He looked up of his phone and looked at me "Thanks, for defending me earlier"
He didn't reply anything. He just nodded and continued walking.
Me: "Shawn? Are you mad at me or something? Earlier you didn't even talk to me or even looked at me after what happened in the ice cream shop. I'm supposed to be the mad one-"
Shawn: "Yes! Yes, I'm mad at you!!"
I looked at him, confused but scared at the same time.