Chapter 75

Me: "I- Thank you, mom. So much."
At that moment, I felt the urge of giving her a hug, showing her how happy I was by her last words. I let go of her hands and got even closer and wrapped my arms around her. She hugged me back tightly.
This was actually my first ever mom-daughter moment with her. I never knew how it felt to talk with my mom about other things than just school or what we were gonna eat for supper.
I went back upstairs in my room and got ready for bed, changing into my pyjama and brushing my teeth.
I laid in bed, thinking about all the things that happened today. I'm so happy that Shawn and I are officially a couple. I've been waiting for this moment for so long. I've never fully fallen in love with anyone before Shawn. Yes, I had other boyfriends, but not in a strong relationship and love like Shawn and I. I really hope we'll stay together forever. I don't know what I would do without him. He's my everything.
And what happened on the couch... I know I'm not ready for everything. I mean, I need to wait for a little longer. I've never fully done anything with other guys. Yes, we made out and stuff but I never had sex with anyone. And I don't want it to happen too early and regret it afterwards. And I'm so thankful that Shawn is waiting for me and that he's patient. One of the reasons I broke up with Luke is because he was always pushing me to do more. I wasn't comfortable with him but he didn't care. He just wanted to have sex with me even though I didn't want to.
Shawn is just perfect. I didn't find any flaws. Except maybe that he's older. But I love him. And I don't care if he's older because age is just a number. I love him for who he is, that's what's important.