Chapter 27

He looked at me, worried.
Shawn: "But what?"
Me: "What about my parents? They would never want this. And your parents either. And Aaliyah! That would be the weirdest thing! I don't know what to do..."
I looked down to my hands that were on my lap.
Shawn: "Claire" I looked up "What about we keep this to us. We don't have to tell the whole world. Can we just try. Please? We can just try and if you want to stay then we'll tell our close family and friends. Please Claire. That's all I want"
I smiled at him and he smiled back.
Me: "Okay"
Shawn leaned in, once again, but I didn't stop him. His lips finally touched mine and they moved in sync, like the were meant to be.
Shawn and I stayed in the park for almost 3 hours, talking and having fun. We talked about the most random things but it was still one of the best moments in my life. God I think I'm falling for that boy.
After we had a lot of fun, I had to go back at my house to make sure my family wouldn't ask any questions. I was about to leave the park when I heard Shawn call my name.
Shawn: "Claire!! Wait!"
I turned around to find Shawn running until he was right in front of me.
Shawn: "I didn't- I didn't give you my number" he said, out of breath.
Me: "Oh. Here" I said while giving him my phone.
He took it and added a contact, naming it Shawn.
Me: "Thanks"
Shawn: "I'll text you later"
Me: "Okay!"
We both turned around and went back to our houses.
I walked in, thinking there was no one. That's when I heard Sophia, my sister, running down the stairs.
Sophia: "Claire! You need to leave right now! I have my boyfriend coming over in 5 minutes. Mom and dad are still working."
She took me by my arms, slightly touching my elbow which made my gasp.
Me: "Don't touch me!"
Sophia: "Get out!"
She pushed me outside and closed the door, making sure to lock it.