Chapter 15

Me: "We went to the store together and it was really fun. We had fun together and I just think he would be a cool friend. That's all"
Aaliyah: "But why was it kinda awkward the morning after? I woke up and you weren't in the bed anymore. Did you two..."
Me: "No!! No! I promise Aaliyah! Nothing happened" I said, making sure she knew Shawn and I didn't do anything.
Aaliyah: "Okay. I just wanted to make sure."
Me: "Can i ask you something?"
Aaliyah: "Of course"
Me: "That girl, downstairs, with Shawn." I looked down at my hands "Is it his girlfriend?"
Aaliyah: "Yeah. She's Gabbie. She's really sweet. I'm sure you'd like her"
It was like someone stabbed me with a knife. How could I get feelings so fast? I'm so dumb.
I was about to cry when Aaliyah started speaking. I immediately held back the tears.
Aaliyah: "Hey! Do you wanna go downstairs? We could hang out with them!"
Me: "I'm not su-"
Aaliyah: "C'mon! Gabbie is really fun! Come with me!" She took my hand and lead us downstairs.
We walked downstairs and saw Shawn and Gabbie talking.
Aaliyah: "Heyy! What's up?"
Shawn: "Hey"
Shawn definitely felt awkward. And I was too.
Aaliyah: "Do You guys wanna do something? Like, I don't know, play video games or something"
Gabbie: "Yeah! That would be fun!"
Aaliyah: "Oh and by the way, here's Claire, my best friend. And here's Gabbie, Shawn's girlfriend." She introduced us.
Me: "Nice to meet you" I said, even if it was the biggest lie ever. Shawn definitely noticed that.
Gabbie: "Nice to meet you too! Nice shirt by the way!"
I looked down at my shirt, laughing at her awful humor. We had the same crop top. What a funny girl (sarcasm)! This day is going to be horrible.