Chapter 136

•SHAWN POV•
Me: "Mom, I'm- I'm really sorry to hear that. And I totally understand why you're scared. But I can't leave Claire. First, I can't live without her. You saw me when we weren't together, You know what it made me go through. And second, I would never, ever, in a million years, do that to anyone."
She just looked down at her fingers, never making eye contact with me.
Me: "Mom, please. You have to trust me. You know I would never hurt anyone"
There was a short silent, before she finally looked up at me.
Mom: "Can I- ehm"
Me: "What do you want? I would do anything to stay with Claire"
Mom: "Can I talk to Claire. In private?" She blurt out.
I thought about it for a second. Is she gonna make Claire so scared about it that she would leave me? Is she gonna do everything for her to break up? I really don't know.
But I have to trust my mom. And I know Claire loves me. So I have to trust the both of them.
Me: "Okay. But please, don't scare her saying things I could do when you know I would never do them"
Mom: "Don't worry. I just want to make sure she's okay"
Me: "Mom, I know she's-"
Mom: "Shawn. Just let me talk to her."
Me: "Okay" I sighed.
•CLAIRE POV•
Aaliyah and I have been waiting for a long time for Shawn and Karen to come back. I was stressing out about what she was saying. Maybe Shawn thinks she's right now? Maybe he thinks it's better for us to separate? Oh god.
After a couple of minutes, we saw Shawn and Karen walk down the stairs. Both of them smiled at me, which made me a little bit relieved.
Shawn came closer to me, so only I could hear what he was saying.
Shawn: "Karen wants to talk to you in private. Don't worry, it'll be fine. She just wants to make sure you're okay"
Me: "Oh, okay"