Chapter 68

Me: "Shawn, we're alone. My parents are both at work right now and my sister is at her new boyfriend's house. And by the way, they don't "don't like you". It's just my dad. But he'll get over it, don't worry"
Shawn: "Oh, okay"
We both sat down on the couch and Shawn got his guitar out and started accorded it.
I noticed Shawn getting a little bit weird. He was getting hot for no reason and his lip was between his teeth.
Me: "Are you nervous?"
Shawn looked back at me, uncertain on what to respond.
Shawn: "Kinda" he said, embarrassed.
Me: "But, why? I mean- it's just me"
Shawn: "Its just- it's the first time I play in front of someone. I never played in front of my parents or my friends. They don't really know about this hobby."
Me: "Shawn-"
Shawn: "I know. It's weird but I'm just- I don't know. I'm weird."
Me: "Shawn, you're not weird. It's normal to be shy the first times. Are you sure you still wanna do it?"
Shawn: "Yeah, yeah. I just- I'm not that good so don't judge."
Me: "I won't" I said, pecking his lips.
I sat down on the couch, next to him but kinda behind him so he wouldn't see me. I didn't want to pressure him and I didn't want him to see my reaction.
He started to play some chords, before turning back to face me.
Shawn: "Is it okay if I play a song I wrote?"
Me: "Yeah, of course. What is it about?"
He looked down at his fingers before replying.
Shawn: "You'll see"
He turned back and cleared his throat. He placed his hands on his instrument and started playing.