Chapter 83

Me: "Wha- What's wrong? I don't get it"
Aaliyah: "Claire!! You know what's fucking wrong! We all know about your relationship with Shawn!! That's disgusting! First of all, Shawn is way too old for you. And second, I'm your best friend! You can't do that to me! You can't just hook up with my brother for fun!"
Me: "Liyah! I never said I hooked up with him!"
Aaliyah: "Whatever. My parents don't wanna see you anymore."
Me: "Wait! Is that why Shawn broke up?!"
Aaliyah: "Maybe. Our parents said that there's too many years between you two. And that you should not be together. Shawn probably just know it now, that you guys aren't allowed to be together."
Me: "But why?!! Aaliyah, you know me. You know I've always been mature and that I know what I'm doing. Please don't be mad at me for this."
Aaliyah: "I don't know... I got to think about it"
Me: "Okay, I'll text you later"
Aaliyah: "Okay"
Aaliyah hanged up, not letting me say anything else.
That's why. That's the reason Shawn actually broke up. That's why he was crying. That's why he said he loved me even after breaking up.
I immediately called Shawn and like all the other times I called him, he didn't pick up, but I left a message.
Me: "Listen Shawn, I know now why you broke up. Because your parents found out and they don't want us to be together anymore. But you know we can work this out! I just wanna know if you still love me, if you still have the same feelings you had for me"
My eyes started watering and I knew I was about to cry.
Me: "I love you, Shawn. Please tell me you do too. And that's all I need to make this relationship work."