Chapter 43

I couldn't do this. It was getting too intense for me. I love Shawn but this was too much. I'm not ready to do that.
Me: "Shawn-" I said, trying to pull away.
I separated our lips and Shawn looked at me, confused and worried at the same time. He moved his hands so they were back on my waist.
Me: "I'm- Im just- I-"
Shawn: "Claire, it's okay. Tell me" he said while moving a piece of hair that had fallen on my face.
I couldn't look into his eyes. I was so embarrassed.
Shawn: "What's going on Claire? Did I do something wrong? Do you want me to stop? Was it... Not- Not good?"
Me: "No, no, no. It's not your fault. It's just that, ehm, I'm- I don't think I'm ready..." I looked down, embarrassed.
Shawn : "Claire it's okay. You don't have to be embarrassed!"
He pulled me closer so we were hugging.
Shawn: "Hunny..."
Me: "I'm so sorry. I know I told you that you didn't do anything wrong and that I wanted to continue and I let you take off my shirt but... I'm so sorry I didn't think it would go this far"
Shawn: "Claire! It's okay. It's not your fault. I completely understand." We pulled away from the hug and looked at each other. "Claire, I love you. I don't care if you're ready or not, it's not gonna change what I think or feel about you. I'm sorry. I didn't want to rush you. Now, I know my barriers and it's gonna be fine for the other times. Claire, please don't feel embarrassed. It's okay. I promise"
I nodded my head and Shawn pecked my lips.
Shawn: "I love you"
Me: "I love you too"
Shawn: "By the way, can I just say something" he smiled.
I looked at him, very confused, but I nodded my head.
Shawn: "You look-" he said, looking down at my half naked body "I mean, it's the first time i see you, like that, and- You're- You look stunning"
My cheeks became bright red and I smiled at him.
Me: "Thanks"