Chapter 137

Me: "Oh, okay"
I looked over to Karen, that was smiling at me. I smiled back and walked over to her.
Karen: "Come with me, darling"
We walked upstairs and we both entered Shawn's bedroom. She closed the door behind me to make sure no one could hear us. I could see that her eyes were a little bit red, like she cried. I was confused but I didn't ask anything.
Karen: "So, first of all, I don't want you to stress or anything. I just want to make sure everything is fine."
Me: "Okay" I slightly nodded "But you know, I'm totally okay with Shawn. I want you to know that I'm with Shawn because I love him, not because he's forcing me or that I'm with him for any other reason" I said, making sure she knew about it before she even started.
Karen: "Yeah, I know that. It's okay. I just wanted to talk to you about something"
I slightly nodded, waiting for her to continue.
Karen: "So, when I was your age, I dated a guy that was older than me, like you. So I know what it is. I know everything about it. I've been through the same thing. And- And I just wanna make sure what happened to me won't happened to you. I totally understand that you love Shawn, with all your heart. And that you don't want to leave him. I dont know what you guys have done together, but what I know for sure is that you guys aren't at the same stage. You guys have a big difference of age and it's normal that you're not ready to do the same thing as Shawn. That's why I wanted to talk to you. I want to make sure Shawn is completely okay with that. I know it's maybe weird but it's really important for me. You know, I have a daughter and if she would date an older guy I would be so scared about it. And I want to make sure nothing bad happens to you"