Chapter 21

Me: "Wha- Why? I didn't do anything!"
I could definitely see in Shawn eyes that he was mad. But I didn't understand why. He's the one who didn't told me that he had a girlfriend.
Shawn: "Claire! Can't you see??"
Me: "No! Tell me what I've done!!"
We were both talking really loud, almost screaming.
Shawn: "Claire! You can't just come in my life and make me fall in love with you!!"
I took a step back, confused.
Me: "Wha-"
Shawn: "I'm too old, I have a girlfriend. Everything is bad for us. But you had to make me have feelings for you that I can't stop!! I feel like shit. Like I'm not good enough!! And after what happened, you didn't want to talk to me? Why?  Because I have a girlfriend? I don't even have feelings for her anymore because of you!! Because now all of my heart and my mind is only thinking about you! That's why I'm mad!"
Shawn was out of breath, looking at me. I didn't say anything, I was just... shocked. That's when we heard Aaliyah walk in. She heard us because we were alone in the house with her. Their parents weren't home.
Aaliyah: "Is everything okay here?"
Shawn: "Yeah. Yeah don't worry."
Aaliyah: "Okay..." she said, looking very confused.
She walked up the stairs and when we heard her bedroom door close, I turned around to face Shawn.
Me: "Shawn I'm-"
Too late.