Chapter 81

Mom: "Remember Luke?" I nodded "When he actually did it, that's when we saw how much people actually cared about him. I remember seeing you down and depressed because of that. Because he didn't deserve to die at such a young age. And you also don't. You deserve a much better life. With a boyfriend who actually loves you and cares about you. Claire, I- I love you. And if anything happened to you, I would never forgive myself. Claire?"
I looked up at her through my red and puffy eyes.
Mom: "You know, if you need to talk, I'm always here. Remember that. Okay?" I nodded "And don't ever do that again." I nodded again "Promise?"
I hesitated but I nodded, promising her I'll never do it ever again.
We talked for a bit until we both decided to go to sleep. My mom wouldn't let me sleep alone, so we decided to both sleep in my bed. I fell asleep not a long time ago, beside my mom, the only person that I felt like actually loved me.

I woke up to the sound of footsteps, realizing it was my mom's. She saw me walking up and she smiled at me.
Mom: "Good morning, darling!"
Me: "Good morning" I said with my disgusting morning voice.
Mom: "Do you wanna go to school? It starts in 30 minutes. If you don't feel good enough, I can call work and stay here with you"
I shook my head "no", realizing I needed to go.
Me: "No, it's okay. I have a text today. I need to go"
Mom: "Oh, okay. Get ready"
Me: "Yeah" I said while getting up from bed.
I went to my closet and got changed, before I went to the bathroom and did my makeup. I finished getting ready and I ate, I then left the house, to go to school.