Chapter 14

Karen: "Are you okay sweetie?" She said.
She could definitely see that there was something wrong.
Me: "Ehmm yeah"
Shawn heard my voice and turned around and looked at me. His face expression immediately changed. He didn't know I was coming. His hands left the girl's waist and he started to walk towards me.
I didn't want to talk to him. I looked away from him and walked upstairs very fast.
How could he not tell me that he had a girlfriend? I thought there was something between us two. I'm just so dumb. I actually thought he maybe liked me. But he's way better with that girl. She's beautiful, way more beautiful than me. She's his age, not 782 years younger. They're perfect together. I should've thought about that. I'm so dumb.
I went up in Aaliyah's room and knock on her door, trying to hold back my tears.
Aaliyah: "Hiii!" She said once I came in the bedroom.
Me: "Hi!" I said while putting the best fake smile ever on my face.
I sat down beside her on the bed. She looked at me and took my hands in hers.
Aaliyah: "Are you okay? You look... weird?"
Me: "What? No, I'm okay"
Aaliyah knows me way too well. I really hoped she believed me. And she did.
Aaliyah: "Okay. So... Tell me, what happened between you and Shawn? You guys looked weird. And I saw that you fell asleep on his shoulder during the movie. What's happening?"
Me: "Nothing" i lied.
I wanted to tell her everything. But after what I saw, I didn't wanted to talk about it. I just wanted to not think about it and get him off my mind.
She raised an eyebrow. She knew I was lying.