Chapter 3

I sigh. I don't want to talk about my ex. He broke my heart and he tried to come back with me. I heard all the excuses. "I didn't mean it" "I'm sorry" "Please, I'll change". He was an asshole. I blocked him on every thing. So now he started texting Aaliyah.
Me: "What's going on?"
Aaliyah: "I'm really sorry Claire..."
Me: "What? Why don't you tell me what happened?"
She looked down. She gave me her phone and I looked at the text messages.
"We are really sorry to tell you that Luke Ferrell has past away last Monday. Our condolences." I read.
Me: "Wha- How??"
I could feel the tears start to grow.
Aaliyah: "He- he committed suicide."
Me: "Oh my god." I placed my hand on my mouth. Tears were going down my cheeks. I immediately ran to the bathroom and locked myself in one of them.
Why would he do that?! Is it because of me? Because I told him he was an asshole and that I deserved better than him? It's my fault. Why did I do that?
I was crying and sobbing in one of the girls bathroom. I heard footsteps so I stopped breathing to make sure no one would hear my sobs.
Aaliyah: "Claire?? Claire? Are you there?"
I left my breath go so she could hear that I was here.
Aaliyah: "Claire, please don't feel guilty for what happened. It was his actions, his decision. You didn't do anything. Don't worry love, you did the right thing when you left him. He didn't deserve you. Now get out of there and we'll you grab some frozen yogurt to cheer you up."
I unlocked the bathroom door and opened it slowly. Aaliyah saw me. The makeup running down my face. My eyes red and puffy.
She came closer and gave me a hug.