Chapter 26

I quickly go back to Aaliyah's room grabbing all of my stuff.
Me: "I'm so sorry! I forgot about a family dinner that is super important. I have to go now! Byye!" I said before she even had the time to say a word.
I ran downstairs without being careful. My shoulder slightly touched a wall, which made me gasp. I lifted up my sleeve, looking at my elbow. There was a huge bruise because of Gabbie.
I didn't have time for this. I continued to run and got out of the house. I ran to the street Shawn told me, until I found a park. I stopped running and looked at my phone. 5:18pm. I looked for Shawn, praying he was still there.
Me: "Shawn?" I looked around.
That's when I saw Shawn, on a bench.
Me: "Shawn" I whisper to myself.
I walked to the bench and sat right next to him.
Shawn: "Claire"
I looked up at him.
Shawn: "I thought you would've never come"
Me: "Sorry. I saw your note a little bit late"
Shawn: "It's okay"
He turned to face me, so I did the same. We both looked into each others eyes, like it was the most beautiful thing we have ever seen.
Shawn: "Listen Claire I- I'm sorry if I hurted you. I didn't want to hurt you by not telling you about Gabbie. I was about to tell you when you saw us. I'm so sorry"
Me: "It's okay" I looked down.
Shawn: "Claire, I want to be with you. I broke up with Gabbie because I want us. That's all I ever wanted since we met. Since we talked in the bathroom. Since we went in grocery store adventures" he chuckled "Since we hugged. Since we kissed."
I saw his stare go from my eyes to my lips, back to my eyes. He leaned in slightly.
Me: "But-"
Shawn leaned back and looked at me.