Chapter 30

Me: "What were you doing here? How did you find me?"
Shawn: "Oh. I was hanging out with friends and when I came back, I needed to take this street so that's when I saw you"
Me: "You're not with your grandparents?"
Shawn: "Ehm no? How did you-"
Me: "I called Aaliyah. I asked her for a sleepover but she couldn't. I thought you were with her?"
Shawn: "No, I didn't go"
Shawn just stared at me, without adding anything. I stared back at him, feeling a little bit uncomfortable. I saw his stare moving from my eyes to my lips, them to my hair, and then to every other part of my face.
Me: "Stop looking at me!" I turned around, giggling.
Shawn: "Why?"
Me: "'Cause I look like shit! My hair is all wet, my eye makeup is on my cheeks, my eyes are red and puffy, and my lips are like purple because I was so cold! Stop staring!"
I was looking out my window, but I could still feel Shawn's stare on me.
Shawn: "Look at me"
I turned around, facing Shawn.
Shawn: "Don't ever say that again. Claire, you may have wet hair, or mascara dripping on your face, but I'll always believe that you're the most gorgeous girl I've ever seen in my life. You should see that."
I looked down at my fingers. My cheeks became ever more red and I didn't know what to say.
Me: "Thanks"
Shawn: "So you wanna come to my house? 'Cause I'm not gonna let you stay in this park all night"
Me: "Yeah, thanks"
Shawn smiled at me and put on some music. I arrived at his house and we got inside.
Shawn: "Here" he said while giving me a towel.
I dried my hair and he went in his room.