Chapter 63

Shawn: "I'm just-" he looked down at his feet and took a deep breath "I'm just stressing out... I know it's not that much of a big deal for other people but it's just... I'm so scared to not make a good first impression. I'm scared your parents doesn't like me. I'm scared they realize how old I am. I'm scared the want us to separate. I'm scared-"
Me: "Shawn!"
He stopped talking and looked down at me.
Me: "Stop! You don't have to be scared! Listen, my parents were never there for me when I was young. They never really cared about me, so I don't care about them. I don't give a shit if they don't like you. It's not gonna change what I think about you. We're not gonna be separated. I promise. Don't be scared."
He slightly nodded, thinking about what I just said, before he leaned in and pecked my lips.
Shawn: "Thank you" I smiled at him, making him less worried "I love you" he said, before turning where my house was.
Me: "I love you too"
We walked up to the front door, still hand in hand.
Me: "Ready?" I said, before opening the door.
I looked over to Shawn, waiting for him to answer before I turned the nob. But, before he could even answer, the door flew open, revealing my mom.
She was wearing a tight red dress, which was definitely not for older woman, but oh well.
Mom: "Hiii!!"
Me: "Hi!"
Shawn: "Hi!" We said, before entering the house.
Mom: "I'm Suzanne! Nice to meet you!" She said, shaking Shawn's hand.
Shawn: "Nice to meet you too! I'm Shawn"
Shawn was smiling, but I could tell he was still very nervous. I placed my hand around him, trying to make him more comfortable.