Chapter 12

Me: "So... What do we need to do?" I said, looking at him.
Shawn: "Ehm... Well Aaliyah wanted to eat pancakes, but I don't really know how to make them..." he said, looking a little bit embarrassed.
Me: "It's okay" I said laughing at him "I know how to make them"
We started cooking and I told Shawn what to do.
About half way through the recipe, I needed to get the flour. It was really high, too high for me to get it. I was on my tip toe, trying to reach it but I couldn't.
Me: "Shaw-" I started to call for him but he was already there.
He was right behind me, his muscular body touching my back. He reached for the flour and I turned around and he gave it to me.
Our faces were 3 centimeters apart. I could feel his breath on my skin. He looked at me and I looked at him. It was like the time stopped.
Me: "Thanks"
He leaned back, shaking his head slightly. That's when we heard his mother enter the kitchen.
His mother: "Good morning! What are you cooking?" She asked.
Shawn: "Pancakes" he said, a little bit embarrassed by what just happened.
His mother: "Cool! By the way, Aaliyah didn't quite introduced us but I'm Karen, and my husband's Manny. It was a pleasure meeting you" she said with a smile.
I smiled back at her and i could see Shawn, behind her, smiling too.
Me: "It's a pleasure for me too"
Shawn and I finished cooking and the girls woke up. We all ate the breakfast and the girls left and I was about to leave when Aaliyah took me to a corner so no one could hear her.
Aaliyah: "What's happening with you and Shawn?"
Me: "Wha- Nothing?"
Aaliyah: "Claire, I know you"
Me: "Okay, I'll talk to you about it tomorrow"
She agreed for me to come back to her house tomorrow and I left their house and went back to mine.